Saturday, April 17, 2010

Twitterpated

No, I'm not talking about Twitter the website. I'm talking about twitterpated as in love, Bambi style. You know it's spring time and all of a sudden there are couples everywhere. Except you. Like the Dane Cook joke, "When you don't have love it's like there's a party going on, and everyone was invited except for you. And you just happen to be walking past that house in the rain." It's so true. One of my best friends just recently started dating someone and seeing her with him is great. I'm so, so, so happy for her. But at the same time, it makes want a boyfriend pretty freaking bad. And not just for the the physical stuff, but because of the cuddling, and the teasing, the flirting, the holding hands, the butterflies, and that look he gives you when he's thinking about how much he cares about you. But unfortunately it's not so easy to find a boyfriend. My Dad keeps telling me that I should find one, but really how does one go about that? I mean, do I just walk up to a guy and say, "hey, you're attractive, wanna go on a date?" No. You have to be meeting people and spending time with them. But unfortunately as a Junior in college, you aren't really meeting new boys anymore. I wish I could just send out a form to the campus:

20 year old cute, blonde girl looking for a guy who is:
- attractive (I'd be lying if I said looks aren't important. They are, but they aren't the MOST important)
- funny
- smart
- ambitious
- romantic
- athletic
- caring

I suppose that's what e-harmony is for. I think e-harmony is great for some people, but I just feel that as a fairly attractive 20 year old girl, it shouldn't be THAT hard for me to find a date. I shouldn't need to resort to an online dating service. I think Western should do some kind of singles event or speed dating thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment