I laugh every time I watch this.
Friday, February 18, 2011
So you know that analogy about the brain being a sponge so you can soak up knowledge? Well, sometimes I feel like I soak up too much knowledge. For example, last year when I took anatomy I studied so much that I started to go a little insane. My brain was a sponge and it was soaking up knowledge. But it got to the point that I felt like my sponge was starting to infringe on my skull. And because of that, water (a.k.a. KNOWLEDGE) was leaking out of the sponge to form a psychotic puddle in my head.
That's how I feel now. I have a functional anatomy test tomorrow and I started studying a little bit later than I would have liked. Also, I have a crying friend in my room whose roommates are being awful. Which leaves me with the couch to sleep on tonight (not that I'm gonna get much sleep)since I'm not done studying and she needs to go to bed. And then there are my two genius lab partners who are freaking out about the exam, which in turn is making me freak out. And then I was studying via Skype with Erin but Kelsey shushed me so now I'm scared that I was keeping her up. And all of these things are making my brain feel like it's leaking. But I need to calm down. Because when I get stressed out, I don't remember shit. I think I have mild test anxiety. So I. Need. To. Calm. Down.
Wish me luck.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
I am such an anatomy nerd. So Erin and I and Angela were discussing nerdy turn-ons and here's what we've got so far (and I stole a couple from online):
- Palpate me more baby.
- I want to be the atlas to your axis and pivot on your dens
- I want to fuse like intercranial sutures
- You pump my heart like epinephrine
- I want you to be the femoral head to my acetabulum
- If you touch my gracilis I will say 'gracias'
- I'll make your orbicularis oris say "OHHH"
- If I was endoplasmic reticulum, would you want me smooth or rough?
- If my right leg is the cell wall, and my left leg is the membrane, do you want to be the cytoplasm?
- My sudden protracted cardiac arrhythmia tells me I love you
- If I were a Schwann cell I would squeeze around your axon and give you a fast action potential
- How about we palpate our anterior superior iliac spines together
- You have 206 bones in your body, want one more?
- Whenever I am near you I undergo anaerobic respiration, because you take my breath away
- My hypothalamus must be secreting serotonin because baby I want you!
- Baby, I want to be your neuromuscular junction so I can stimulate your action potential
- My adductor isn't all that's longus
Got any others fellow anatomy nerds? :)
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Can go die. It is 11:46 pm and I am TRYING to be a good little student and study for physics. But I just can't find the motivation. I already have an A+++ in the class and I know that I still have to study. But I don't want to. I want to sleep. I want to browse iTunes. I want to look at Zac Levi's beautiful face. And every time I try to study, I hear Professor Vawter's OBNOXIOUS voice in my head.
"Now I know that you all only care about getting good grades. But school isn't ALL about GETTING good grades. It's about UNDERSTANDING the material. But you ONLY care about the GRADES! How are you SUPPOSED to LEARN if you don't UNDERSTAND the MATERIAL? Now I'm going to LECTURE you all for 45 MINUTES about stupid TOPICS and have my voice CRACK every FEW words, and more FREQUENTLY when I'M getting WORKED UP!" In summation: Physics can go die.
My new favorite song :) guess where I found it? Chuck of course! I always find the greatest music during that show. And on another note: this weeks episode of Chuck was fan-freaking-tastic. Like I could watch it over and over again because I loved it so much. *sigh* I'm so marrying Zac Levi.