Monday, April 12, 2010

Mariner Monday

Hey all! It's Monday again which means it's time for your Mariner update. It's the only good thing about MY Monday, I don't know about yours.

1) The Mariners won their first game! I was only able to catch the very end, but it seemed like a pretty good game. They turned 4 double plays and the stars ended up being Chone Figgins and Casey Kotchman.

2) Unfortunately our M's lost the next 3 games in the series. I didn't watch the games so I'm not sure exactly how they did. But from what I read, our starting pitchers are struggling (what else is new?) and our offense is having some issues (again, this isn't new news). Wakamatsu thinks the pitchers will perform better as they get the feel for the season. I sure hope so.

3) They also lost 2 games to the Rangers (who I still resent due to the fact they took douchebag Alex Rodriguez from us so long ago). They did win their game against Texas on Saturday thanks to Franklin Gutierrez making a spectacular save in the ninth inning in CF. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players. The M's were losing 3-1 in the ninth and caught up with a bunt from Jack Wilson and hits from Ichiro, Griffey and Gutierrez (giving him a .435 batting avg.).

4) They have their first home game tonight against Oakland, but I work so I won't be able to catch the whole game, but I'll try to catch some of it and let you all know how the game went.

*update* the Mariner's lost their game last night, 4-0 pretty badly. Here's to hoping tonight's game is better!

No comments:

Post a Comment