Monday, April 5, 2010

Mariner Monday

Since someday I want to work for the Mariners, I thought I would try to keep up with them better this year. So every Monday I'm gonna let you all know what's going on with the Mariners. The season hasn't started yet so there isn't much to report. The only major stories are who's going to be making the team and who isn't. Here's what's new:

1) Chone Figgins is coming to the Mariner's this year from the Angels. He's playing second base and is going to be a great hitter. Ichiro is our lead-off hitter and he got on base 247 times last year. Figgins got on base 285 times. I'm not sure how he is defensively, but offensively he'll be a great addition.

2) Mike Sweeney (DH/1B) batted .543 during spring training. Can I get a HOLYYYY SHIT? Batting .350 is good. Batting .400 is awesome. Batting .543 is unbelievable. I love that man.

3) Cliff Lee is going to be a pitcher for the Mariners this season. This is good news. In 2008 he won the Cy Young award making him the best pitcher in the American League that year. Pitching has generally been our problem so getting a pitcher this good is very promising. Other pitchers include Felix Hernandez, Ian Snell, Ryan Rowland-Smith and Jason Vargas.

That's all I can really find right now. More next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment