Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dwight Clark Found

They found Dwight Clark today. He was found dead in the Bellingham Bay by a log lagoon or something. I don't even know what else to say about it. It's so... immensely sad. I mean, this kid was one of us. He lived in Nash, he was going through the same experiences I went through three years ago. What was so different about him than any of us? It could have been anyone. I've spent years telling my parents how safe Bellingham is, and how safe my campus is. That ideal has been completely shattered. They say that there is no evidence of foul play (yet) but there has to be. How else does Dwight end up in the bay miles from where he was last heard from? And that scares me. Someone in MY CITY. Killed this boy. How am I supposed to ever feel safe here again?

I send all of my well-wishes to the family. His poor mother lost her husband when Dwight was in eighth grade (so I read). That poor woman has lost her husband, and now her son. I can't even imagine what that must be like. Hopefully she has other family to get her through this.

R.I.P. Dwight Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment