Sunday, September 26, 2010

Settling In

It's been five days since class started, and five days since I started my new job. I don't feel quite back to normal but I'm getting there. It's hard to get back into the swing of homework and studying and classes. All I want to do is hangout with my friends and work as a Physical Therapy aid. But unfortunately I have to go to class and I have to do homework. I'm not sure how hard my classes are going to be yet. I think this week will determine it. Physics doesn't seem too bad, and so far I've been rocking the homework. Chemistry is... well it's Chemsitry and I hate it. But I hear it's supposed to be the easiest of the Gen. Chem. series so hopefully I'll do well. And I'm not sure at all about Physiology. The teacher is kind of weird and it's hard to get a sense from her as to what kind of class this is going to be.

Work is good. Although I spend a lot of time doing nothing. I babysat this kid on Wednesday. His name was Nevin. And he had a bat named Jake. He also took two spinning stools and called them horses. The blue one's name was Blue. And the brown ones name was Brownie. He was a creative child.

On Friday we crashed the VU dance party. We went drinking at Ben's first, which is ironic because the beginning of the year VU party is supposed to be non-alcoholic. It's supposed to show the freshman that you don't have to drink to have fun. But we did. I also gave my phone number to this kid named Zach from the Dead Parrots. I straight up walked right up to him and said, "Hey, I'm Andie. I think you're cute." Who does that? Me, apparently. He seemed very flattered though and put my number into his cell phone. Then didn't call me haha. Not that I cared, I didn't honestly think he would. It was just really fun to do, and you know, if I can get used to giving guys my number, eventually some one will call me back. And it makes a really good story when you do it. :)

Long story short. I think it's going to be a good year.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Andie! what physics are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero...Talking to Zach that way!
    Dude, if the kid's name is Nevin, he...well, let's just say he is going to have a tough time in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britta: Thanks! I'm taking Physics 114

    Erin: I'll have to tell you the full story when I see you. It was so funny haha and yes, I agree about Nevin. Though he was pretty adorable lol

    ReplyDelete