Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dwight Clark

My mom called me today to inform me of the disappearance of Dwight Clark. Dwight Clark is an 18 year old freshman at Western this year. Of course I already knew he had gone missing. I got an emergency alert email from the school. But we get those all the time and they are usually something like, "students seen slashing tires" or, "kid gets robbed in the arboretum." Plus, Western has a reputation for being very safe. I have always felt very safe on Western's campus, and in Bellingham in general. So I didn't think too much about it. But it's been 4 days since he's been missing. And I watch wayyy too many crime shows to know what that means. I've been brainstorming. Andrea said that she thinks he probably got hit by a drunk driver who dumped his body. Mom thinks that's unrealistic since drunk drivers just drive away. So then what else could have happened to him? What scares me is the thought that somebody drove up and kidnapped him. Who kidnaps an 18 year old boy? Who in BELLINGHAM kidnaps an 18 year old boy. It scares me. And I'm scared to go almost anywhere in the dark now. But I guess all we can do is wait it out and pray that he makes it home safely. Here's a link, in case you want to read more about it/help.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2010/09/29/1643871/police-no-evidence-of-crime-in.html

No comments:

Post a Comment